Here are the materials: Cardboard (thicker comes out better), scissors, glue, ruler, pencil, a piece of paper, embellishments
6. Draw a square right on the middle of the cardboard measuring 9*9 cm (means 5 cm inside from all edges)
7. It is the same both for the box and cover after here.
8. Cut until the edge of the square inside- where the end of the scissors is as seen in the picture below)
10. Cut on the line near it as seen in the picture below.
11. Fold on the lines as below.
13. Now fold the right and left following the edges of the square inside as seen below.
16. Paste them as in the previous picture where all of the "ears" are gathered.
Just before I wrote this post I saw a thread in Etsy Forum asking whether anyone does DIY gift boxes and I think I need opinions on this one. I got a cardboard in this color because my Etsy shop is called "Derin Mavi" which means deep blue in English. So I wanted it to be matching. And I thought evil eye beads were suitable for embelishments because they are also blue and something from Turkish culture. Do you think it came out nice to send package to a customer? Or would you be turned off when you saw it? Should I add or change something?